Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Home Sweet Home

What a whirlwind, whew!  Home for six days, crazy busy for like ALL of them!  But of course it was wonderful, as expected, to see so many family and friends, and spend such good quality time with my parentals.  Here's a fun recap, and some home-sweet-home-messages for the folks I left in Tejas.

Dear Thursday, not only did you give me a great day with my bestest girlfriend, but I also got to spend a few hours with my uncle, as well as enjoy a good home-cooked meal at Joe's Coffee Shop, only one of my favorite places to eat in Irving, TX.
Dear Baby Boy Growing in Court's Belly, You are like the luckiest kid ever!  She and Gregorio love you so very much already!  Not to mention, you've already met the coolest aunt you'll ever have, and you got to enjoy the Main Street Arts Festival's array of sculptures, paintings, jewelry, and crazy-dressed rich folk.

Dear Friday, You garnered some pretty darn awesome quality shopping time with my Momma.  We totally outfitted her with a new summer work wardrobe, and enjoyed picking out a new rock for her ring finger.  We also got to the end the evening with some yummy pizza and hugs from the mom-in-law (pictured below with the cutest of 5-year-olds, MonkeyHubby's cousin's daughter, Emma).

Dear Scarborough Faire, I love getting to visit your 16th century streets, shops, checking out your costume-clad faire-goers, and scarfing down the yummiest of bad-for-me treats (I was truly tempted to have two funnel cakes!).  And getting to do all of that with my Dad, just makes it the bestest of days.  There is always one thing I come away from the faire with though...a bit of henna.  Since it was the first year in quite some time that my MonkeyHubby couldn't be there to enjoy the sites with me, I got a henna Monkey just for him!


Dear ToeToe, It was so good to see you after the Faire Saturday.  And it was even better that you indulged my taste buds and drove me all the way to Cafe Medi for the best Greek dinner ever.  I am so very proud of you and the steps you are taking to go after something you think you'd really love.  Always sending love, prayers, and good juju your way!

Dear Sunday, You were filled with exactly what a Sunday should be filled with...rest!  Oh, and Whataburger!


Dear Johnson Clan, It was wonderful to share a meal and catch up with you.  Hopefully, the next time we get the pleasure there isn't a roach making Derek jump out of his seat and into my lap! Hugs to you all.


Dear Rock River 308, I have conquered your butt.


Dear Sarah Bearah, Oh! So good to see your beautiful face!  I love you dearly and am so glad we shared our dessert-date.  Oh, and I'm totally holding you accountable to at least two cards while I'm in basic...I would think I deserve at least one more than you sent my hubby while he was in training!


Dear Tuesday, You came much quicker than I thought you would.  But mani/pedi's with Mom was the perfect way to relax at the end of my mini-vacay.  And of course, I had to have one more Tejas-based meal to make the hubby a tad jealous...
mmm...tacos y burritos!


And last, but never least...
Dear Texas, You're such a wonderful place (even if you did drive my allergies crazy), and you house so many precious people.  Watch over them and keep them safe.  It'll be a while, but I'll make it back again.

Much love - AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...