Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Respite Recap

Well, I've been a bad blogger and haven't visited for a couple weeks, but I've good reason, promise!!  Yup, that's right, Monkey finally came home.  WHOOP!


We got to spend a good four days together just hanging out, eating good food, shopping, and enjoying every bit of each other that we could.  Every bit!

Unfortunately, it didn't last forever and back to Ft. Lee I returned.  MAJOR sigh.  But, I have learned a few things about my injury.  One of my two stress fractures has healed like 90% of the way, whoop!  However, the other "stress fracture", as it was in the middle of basic the last time it was scanned, apparently turned into a true break and is still just that, totally broke.  I've even made a nice little illustration for you!








Ain't that just grand?!  Anyways, my major brokenness should actually allow me to start moving forward with re-classing to a new Army job within the next month or so.  The doctor will place me on what they call a permanent profile and I'll get, most likely, a desk job.  Not too shabby, it will allow me to get healthy and will keep me in the Army.  All good things, all things that Monkey and I were hoping for.  I may be able to run again in 6 months or so...







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...