Friday, October 11, 2013

Adventure







































It's been almost a year since I sat down to type anything for the blog.  I guess anything that can keep you distracted for that long is definitely an all-consuming adventure.  That's one way to label the Army!  So much has happened...let's just bullet-list it down:

  • They kicked me out of 12W school and decided I would be a 15T - Blackhawk Mechanic.
  • I traveled, once again, to a new post, new school, new company, new friends.  It turned out to the absolute best of all three that I'd forcefully tried out.
  • Five months later, all of our families from all of the corners of the states came to Virginia in July to finally see me graduate Army training.
  • Monkey and I spent a beautiful 5th wedding anniversary exploring Washington DC, doing all the touristy things.  (Thank God we did before our gov't pulled this shutdown act on us.)
  • I made it back home to Fort Bragg, Raeford, NC, Old Man HB, and the Monkey love of my life.
  • SPC Johnson spent a month in the suck at Fort Polk, LA, hating life, only to come home and find out he would have to back a month later.  (He should be coming home from this second adventure, today!)
  • SPC Johnson also endured the promotion board and will be receiving his rockers on November 1st!  (So proud of my soon-to-be NCO Monkey!)

All in all, we've continued to find what joys we can in this crazy Army life.  We cycle when we can, have rediscovered that we both love a good hot yoga class, and have made a tradition of Saturday morning breakfast at Lindy's, the most wonderful little homespun-family-owned breakfast diner in town.  Holding on to what sanity we can when we truly have no control of the schedule of our lives.

With an open heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...