Monday, January 7, 2013

Pig's Ramblings


I think I have too much time to think right now.  That's the problem.

I've been trying to open my ERB (Enlisted Record Brief - the end-all-be-all PDF where the Army lists anything and everything that's of importance to your enlisted career) all weekend and finally managed to do so today.  My PMOS (Primary Military Occupational Specialty) has officially been changed to 12W.  You know, that job I'm happy to have, but kind of don't really want either?!  Yea, that one.

I think about it all the time.  The training, the day-to-day-job of it, the physical labor, the probably necessary but will be hell for my feet brand new steel toe boots, the hard hats and safety glasses, the power tools, the new people I'll have to figure out how to work and socialize with, the new living accommodations, the new chain of command.  And, as usual, I think the worst, expect the worst, because the pessimist in me is a winner in the outlook ring.

However, in addition to my PMOS having changed, my ERB is also sporting another new addition, my projected duty station and unit. This, my friends, is an exciting thing.  It means the time is drawing near to be out of TRADOC, to be a permanent party soldier with an everyday job, to get all those wonderful government three-day and four-day holidays.  And, as most things go, my remaining time in TRADOC probably won't be that bad once I'm there, starting class, working during the day, studying at night, staying occupied and busy, and worn out enough at the end of the day to actually sleep well.

Here's to the days ahead, busy, without too much time to ponder.  The best kinds of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...