Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Adios 2012!

This past year was so many things for us.  And even though we didn't make it to midnight (we don't, most years), we did go out for a few drinks and reminisce about all that we accomplished, endured, and just plain ol' muddled through during the past twelve months:

-We welcomed a roommie into the Johnson fold.
-I quit my job and enlisted in the US Army.
-MonkeyHubby bought me a bike and I learned that I really enjoy cycling with him.
-I shipped off to Fort Jackson for Basic Training.
-MonkeyHubby shipped off to Afghanistan for his first deployment.
-Skype became one of our best friends.
-Multiple, multiple, multiple trips home to Texas.

And of course, we've had the joy of spending this year's holidays together.  Seventeen days of togetherness has been amazing after living apart since June 4, and more time together is at the top of our wishlist for 2013.  We look forward to finding out what Army job I will be assigned, celebrating five amazing years of marriage, trimming down MonkeyHubby's waist and our own personal debt ceiling, seeing if we can teach OldManHB to rollover in the opposite direction, my hip healing and being able to run and cycle together once again, and simply living more fully the adventures this crazy world continues to offer us.

Cheers, family and friends!  Welcome to 2013, and good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...